Soma Immerse exists to see young adults thoroughly gripped by the gospel, resulting in a re-orientation of their priorities toward saturating their city with the presence and power of Jesus.
We believe God is calling and preparing many young adults today to bring about gospel saturation in their communities through word and deed. Spending the summer as an Immerse resident will help further clarify the calling to God’s mission for young men and women, and equip them to lead disciple-making missional communities in everyday life.
The summer experience is about total immersion in the gospel, including classroom training, life-on-life discipleship, and missional service. This training is experienced in the context of living with Soma families, partnering with existing missional communities, and practicing leadership while serving the city with a missional heart.
- Learn how to understand the story and context of a city
- Learn to tell your personal gospel story
- Know why and how we serve and partner with organizations in the city to serve the city
- Opportunities to serve the body, and leadership of the local church
- Personal development (reading, writing, and planning)
- Receive processing, coaching and mentorship
- Learn the importance and necessity for shared leadership
- Serve in a variety of contexts, including working with students in our church
Because this is a high-capacity leadership level training specific to Soma’s paradigm for missional communities, we primarily recruit those coming from a church context that is committed to missional communities. We also recruit those that have the gift and call to lead, and desire to live life in a missional community in their context. Reference from local leadership must affirm leadership gifting and calling.
- Host home provided
- Internship cost: $800 ($200 due upon acceptance, $600 due by June 1st)
- Flexible start and end dates
- Application deadline: April 1, 2017
To apply to Immerse, simply fill out the form below. Completed applications will be reviewed once references are received. Skype interviews with Ben Joyce (pastor) and Adam Hillyer (Immerse Coordinator) will be conducted after application review. Questions? Don't hesitate to email Adam.